Nokia C5-03 Detailed Specifications and Features
October 16, 2010 | by techlineinfo.com
Nokia today has finally unveiled the C5-03, a lower-mid-range touchscreen smart phone in a slab form factor, with a two tone design colour scheme. This phone is both sensational in terms of enhanced software and hardware. Well, among the hardware, there are a whole lot of things, to start with a 3.2″ resistive touchscreen display, 5 megapixel camera, tri-band 3G, WiFi, GPS and compass. It is seamlessly powered by Symbian^1 (S60 5th Edition) and comes along with the full range of Ovi services including Maps, Store and Music. This sleek and trendy gadget from the house of Nokia will be available at the end of this quarter, with an expected retail price of €170 before taxes or subsidies.
The C5-03 delivers its consumers with most of the key smart phone hardware (WiFi, ‘fast’ 3G, GPS+compass) and software features, but at a relatively low price point. This sleek and stylish device is sure to be the take-away of those who are budget conscious who still want to maximise the functionality of their mobile phone. This amazing tool comfortably gets itself in between low budget smartphone handsets, such as the Nokia 5250 (€115), and mid tier smartphone handsets, such as the Nokia C6-01 (€260). We can well figure it as an approximate replacement for the popular Nokia 5800.
The two tone colour design gives a more stylish feel than is typical at this price point. It is also slightly thinner than previous 5xxx series Nokia devices (13.8 mm against the 5800’s 15.5 mm) and significantly smaller in volume (65 cc against the 5800’s 83 cc).
Nokia have already announced two other handsets with the C5 designation: the C5-00, a non-touchscreen smartphone in the classic candy bar form factor, and the C5-02, also a non-touchscreen smartphone in the candy bar form factor, but TD-SCDMA (Chinese 3G) support. It is likely that the C5-03 would have previously been a 5xxx series handset (e.g. 5900); Nokia’s new naming scheme is starting to move into high gear.
- 105.8 x 51 x 13.8 mm in dimensions (65cc volume), 93g in weight; slab touchscreen bar form factor with two tone colour design.
- 3.2 inch screen resistive touchscreen; 640 x 360 pixels resolution (nHD)
- 5.0 megapixel camera (no flash); video recording at 640 x 352 resolution and 15 frames per second.
- Integrated A-GPS and compass
- 3.5 mm AV connector, stereo FM radio (with RDS), Bluetooth 2.0, micro USB
- BL-4U (1000mAh) Li-Ion battery – charging via USB or 2mm power port
- Quad band GSM and tri-band WCDMA (900/1900/2100 Mhz) with HSDPA (10.2 Mbps) and HSUPA (2 Mbps).
- 40MB of internal memory, and microSD card slot,
- 600 Mhz, Single CPU, ARM 11 processor and 128 MB of RAM
- Initially available in four colours: Graphite Black, Lime Green, Petrol Blue, Aluminum Grey
- Included in the box: Nokia C5-03, Nokia 2GB microSD Card (MU-37), Nokia Connectivity Cable (CA-101D), Nokia Stereo Headset (WH-102), Nokia High Efficiency Charger (AC-8), Nokia Battery (BL-4U), and User guide
- Symbian^1 (S60 5th Edition).
- Customisable home screen featuring ‘Contact bar’ and ‘App Shortcut bar’.
- Ovi Maps 3 (including free life time navigation) and Nokia Messaging (both email and instant messaging).
- Ovi Store for access to thousands of additional applications.
- Nokia Messaging for easy email set up and access.