SwiftKey- An application enables 50% faster typing in Android handsets
July 18, 2010 | by techlineinfo.com
A London based mobile technology firm Touch Type has launched a beta version of a text prediction software for Android based smart phones. The developers claim fifty percent faster typing with this application through a powerful text prediction algorithm.
Developers say “Unlike old text prediction technology, that simply relies on word lists, SwiftKey uses complex language models and understand how words are combined with sentences.”
This new advanced technology adjusts itself by learning the individual writing style and is available in languages such as US/UK English, Spanish, French, German, Dutch and Swedish.
“We’ve analyzed over 50 billion words in nine major languages to build the models that drive our prediction engine,” said Ben Medlock, TouchType’s chief technical officer.
Features of Swift Key
- Supports English, Spanish, Portuguese, French , German, Italian, Dutch and Swedish
- Unique text prediction based on word context
- Rapid and comprehensive learning of individual’s writing style
- Up to 50% efficiency than other similar products
- A third of next words predicted without any character entry.
- Relevant personalized predictions
- Advanced error correction designed for small mobile keyboards
- Novel and intuitive user interface
- Inline spelling and grammar correction
- Automatic accent insertion for non English character entry
The application has tested on Acer A1 Liquid, Google Nexus One, HTC Desire, HTC Dream,HTC Droid Eris,HTC Droid Incredible ,HTC Evo, HTC Hero, HTC Legend, HTC Magic, HTC Tattoo, Motorola CLIQ, Motorola Droid/Milestone/QRTY, Samsung Behold II, Samsung Galaxy Spica ,Samsung Moment, Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro, T-Mobile G1, T-Mobile and myTouch 3G