Ten tips to improve your Google Page rank
July 9, 2010 | by techlineinfo.com
Google’s technology overview says about Page rank
“ Page Rank reflects our view of the importance of web pages by considering more than 500 million variables and 2 billion terms. Pages that we believe are important pages receive a higher Page Rank and are more likely to appear at the top of the search results.”
Page Rank cannot be directly co-related to web site traffic. A high page ranked site with targeted key words will always top in the search results. Hence Page rank with good content always matters. Page Rank of a site can be checked real-time through the Google toolbar. Toolbar update usually takes places after every 3-4 months. Last page rank update was on 03 Apr 2010. The next update is expected shortly.
Back links plays the vital role in Google Page rank algorithm. Back links are the links to your sites from other sites. A single link from a high page ranked site can skyrocket your page rank. Then who will give you the back link? Ask this question to yourselves – Examine the links from your sites. How they came in your site? Through comments on your blog posts? Credit to an article source? Credit to your blog theme? – Yes, you also need to do all these things to get the back links. Remember- back links with a “no follow” tag will not be considered for Page ranking. You can check the back links to your site with http://www.backlinkwatch.com/.
Here see some proven tips to increase the Google Page rank of a site.
1. Blog comments: The most common method to increase the back links. This is a very major advantage that you get when you comment on other blogs. Make sure that majority of blogs on which you comment are DoFollow blogs.
2. Extensions, themes , plugins development : This method may not be suitable to all, but one of the most powerful and fastest methods to increase the page rank. See the page rank of sites offer free WordPress themes, plugins etc. A little bit technical skill is required to develop the themes and plugins but it is not a tough task. Do some tweaks and hacks, it can give you better results.
3. Article directories: Write some good quality articles and submit them in popular article directories like Ezine articles. You can re write your published old articles also. Hundreds of blogs take these articles from article directories to use in their site, in return you will get a back link also. Article submission will increase the traffic of your website also.
4. Site update frequency: If you update your pages regularly, Google will crawl your web site more often. A website with a high crawl rate get the opportunity to introduce content more frequently in Google. WordPress users can install the Google XML sitemap plugin, which submit the site map to Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com automatically to better index your blog.
5. Blog directories: Blog directories are search engine friendly and have a large number of incoming links. Submitting your site to a do follow directory can help you to increase the page rank. You need to pay some nominal charges for some blog directories but that is also worth. Do a google search “blog directories” You can see loads of free blog directories.
6. Forum posting (Signatures): Normally forums get very good search ranking by Search Engines due to the continuously updated contents. A signature anchor text Link to your site from a high traffic do follow forum of similar niche can improve your site Page Rank well. It is needless to say that your active participation in a forum will improve the visibility of your site.
7. Guest blogging: You can see that many high page ranked blogs are “no-follow”, means commenting in these blogs only for the sake of page rank will not cater any result (can increase your traffic), but these blogs accept guest posts. Submit guest posts and place one or two links (As per the Guest posting guidelines ) in your article. Take the dual advantage of guest blogging- Back links and traffic from high ranked blogs.
8. Internal linking of pages: Like back links, smart internal page linking is also important for page rank. You can use the Link to Post WordPress plugin to search and link the relevant articles within your blog, this will increase the number of page views also.
9. Page load time: Use a SEO optimized fast loading theme for your blog. Disable unwanted plugins and scripts to improve the page load time. Show post excerpts on the homepage instead of full article.
10. Social Bookmarking: Social bookmarking sites like Twitter, Facebook , Orkut, Delicious, Mixx, Reddit, Digg, Stumble upon, LinkedIn etc are with tons of traffic and huge popularity . When you bookmark your articles you will automatically get a link back to the article on your blog.